mercredi 9 mai 2018

Great night shooting and eating

I shot my second Tuesday Night Steel match last night in Mesa, AZ. I have been shooting IDPA at another range in Phoenix for about a year and a half but it was getting repetitive so I decided to take an invitation from another Survivalist Boards member and shoot TNS again last night.

I met up with Frisco85132, his daughter and his friends who are all police officers. They are a rowdy and profane bunch but seriously great shooters and a lot of fun. We shot five stages of varied steel and paper. It was a blend of USPSA and IDPA. All of the shooting was on the move with challenging courses of fire that really tested me far more than IDPA has.

Seeing the skill level of the guys I shot with was amazing. I have never seen people shoot so fast and so accurately all while moving and reloading and shooting from behind barricades and through narrow lines of fire. One stage had two sets of four popper targets and a plate rack that had to be cleared while moving between Box A and Box B with a mandatory reload. It was intense and stressful but I learned a lot.

I never shot like that before. The training we got with our sidearms in the Army was nothing compared to the shooting we did last night. I hate to overuse the word, but it was awesome.

After the match we went to dinner at Senor Taco and the rowdiness increased to a Category 5 hurricane. There were 10 or 12 other shooters from the match along with our group and the whole place was a riot.

If you want to build real skills with your sidearm this is the place to do it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Great night shooting and eating

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire