samedi 23 janvier 2016

Iraq surplus camelbak M.U.L.E.- has room, will travel

so I just purchased a Camelbak M.U.L.E. from my local surplus, since I hate toting around plastic water bottles and it works with my other tactical gear systems. it has the two compartments on the back and MOLLE webbing on the lower compartment. the only thing I don't like about it is the tri-color desert camo, but I don't want to paint it just yet. I was planning on using it as a minimalist GHB or something along those lines, if I don't end up using it as a SHTF patrol pack. but the compartments are small, one's an admin-type compartment and the other's a plain compartment, each approx. 6x6 inches. I can't stuff my packable camo Gore-Tex jacket in when the bladder's full, unless I attach a big pouch to the MOLLE webbing just for that purpose. I'm just wondering what to pack in those compartments that I don't already carry for EDC. I won't list everything, but I've got a topical first aid kit, gear/clothing repair supplies, pain meds, keys, LED light, waterproof lighter, 2 multi-tools, my phone, wallet, and either a folding or boot knife. I'm stuck as to what I should put in the Camelbak. around here, plenty of people wear MOLLE camo stuff both on campus and on the streets, and nobody bats an eye. I figure if I need to, i'll just stuff it in a shopping bag and walk with it.

any thoughts as to a good setup? please keep it minimalist, if I have it already i'll tell you. I'm setting this up to be a GHB/Patrol pack, 24-48 hrs. MAX.

anything gun-related is out of the question, I spend most of my day on a college campus or in some "gun-free zone" (I hate them too) and I currently am gun-less. sorry if I sound whiny, but getting arrested for a felony and having my setup confiscated is not conducive to preparedness. the knives are legal.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Iraq surplus camelbak M.U.L.E.- has room, will travel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire