lundi 25 janvier 2016

Want a firearm ----- write “an essay”

In my county in NY it is uncommon to get a cc permit that is not restricted to hunting, target, hiking etc, at first. After having a permit for a year or two the new judge has been issuing unrestricted permits if one is requested. I just had to fill out a form, and write a letter to the judge pretty much saying why. It didn't cost me any money or a any training course. I didn't mind. I am happy to have an unrestricted permit. Many other counties, especially ones that have large cities (not NYC, they can't even have hand guns at all), make it near impossible to get an unrestricted permit.

The issue with Lowell, Massachusetts requirement of an essay giving reason why an unrestricted is that us America Citizens don't need a reason. The only reason they should have to give is "because i can" or "2nd amendment"

In my letter to my local judge all i stated was that I am a responsible, 2nd amendment supporting, firearm enthusiast, who isn't planning on looking for trouble going all Dirty Harry. I also said with all the anti 2nd amendment and gun negativity going around, that we need all the firearm owners that set a good example as we can get. I never said I need to protect my family and large sums of money while walking in a dark ally in a bad part of town, I didn't make up a story or a reason I needed it. I never really gave a reason. I just said I was requesting it and I was a responsible person. A month or so later, I got a letter saying I could come in and get my non restricted permit

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Want a firearm ----- write “an essay”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire