dimanche 3 avril 2016

5 Cent 9mm Load

Reload 9mm for 5 cents per round!

This is the cheapest way to reload 9mm that I have used. It allows me to train more often without breaking the bank. The cost of ammo is constantly increasing and this is one of the best ways to reload if you are doing it economically. This reloading recipe has been fired out of a Glock 17, Springfield XD 9mm, and an M&P Shield.

102 gr Lead Cast Round Nose
3.5 gr of IMR-700x
COAL 1.07”
Tula Small Pistol Primer
Medium crimp on the bullet

The most significant reduction in reloading cost comes from the bullet I use. I use a 102 grain lead cast round nose bullet. The bullet mold I use is the Lee Precision 356-102-1R Double Cavity Mold. I use the bullets in both 9mm and .380 Auto.

The powder I use is 3.5 gr of IMR-700x. IMR 700x is a shotgun powder that is fast burning and can produce significant pressures quickly, so when I was developing this load I started off at 3.0 gr and worked my way up to 3.5 where I found the sweet spot. I even loaded it to 4.0 gr and still did not experience any signs of over pressure in the case or primer. So please, give this a try, but start off by loading at the recommended 3.5gr and if it does not cycle the action step it up in small .2 gr increments. I used the Lee Precision Pro Auto Disk and used the .35cc disk cell to get 3.5 grains.

The primers I use are Tula Small Pistol Primers. I have not had one malfunction due to the primers and they have performed very consistently.

2.3 cents for each primer; buying primers in bulk $23 per 1000
1.2 cents for each load of 700x powder; $92 for 4lbs
1.5 cents for the bullet; $1 per pound of lead
0 cents for brass casses; range scrap

Please comment below if you have any questions or have tried this load and it worked.

Here is a video I made for this load for youtube viewers: https://youtu.be/-Hq843M2lVg

Let's block ads! (Why?)



5 Cent 9mm Load

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire