lundi 25 février 2019

How did you become Homeless?

This is meant for the actual homeless that frequent this site or even the former homeless..

I see them every day when I have to go into Portland and wonder how it came to the point where they live out of a shopping cart, sleep under a blue tarp, refuse to go to shelters for many reasons..

But, what I'd like to know is how they came to that point from being an employed, tax paying member of society and lost it all to be in the position they're in now.

I sit here in my house, have an RV outside, a pickup, two Jeeps and a bunch of motorcycles in various states of repair. I have a shop full of tools with everything from easels to draw on, yarn to crochet, mechanics tools to work on my cars.. My shop is 14'x60' and my house is 2000 sq ft.

I'm a retired 20% disabled vet which means that 20% of my retirement check isn't taxed. I have medical from the military but, I have to pay about $700 a year for what was promised as free medical for my wife and I after retirement.

My vehicles aren't new by any means. I run my own small business drawing plans for people building houses, a trade I learned in my 20 years of service..

So, what I'm asking is a short paragraph or two about how you ended up losing everything and living under a tarp.

Is it all about drug habits?? Alcohol problems??

I'm serious about this. Maybe you can tell us about what you do to survive on a daily basis as well.. Is there anything you're doing to better yourself?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How did you become Homeless?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire