mardi 26 février 2019

Lesson learned on 2.5 Gallon Grocery Store Water

I got a pretty big surprise this week.....
I'll start off by saying that before any filtering or water processing/harvesting of any type......I store 60 gallons of store bought water in my pantry that are a combination of 2.5 gallon, 1 Gallon, 2 litre and 1 litre bottles. The concept here is to pack as much water as I can in one area of the pantry as I can.

I rotate the the water about every 2 years'ish changing it for the exact same size and shapes.

Last week we were dong some cleaning and I noticed that one of the 2.5 gallon containers had split open and lost water. It's happened before and I thing the plastic is designed to break down over time.

Normally you'll see the containers start to collapse and I swap them.

This time around there were 9 2.5 gallon containers totally empty and in original form. So I was 20+ gallon low on the reserves.
These leak so gradually that they get nothing wet.

Lesson learned do not store this type of bottle for emergency water.

HK

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Lesson learned on 2.5 Gallon Grocery Store Water

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire