lundi 25 février 2019

DIY extended magazine

I made a shorter post on this little carbine earlier, but this one goes more in depth on the process and materials I used to turn it into a ten round gun. A little history on this rifle: It was put together from parts by Century and the chamber was cut back for .308 brass (from the French 54mm to 51mm). The barrel was surprisingly set back properly and headspacing is good to go, with no furniture wobble. The bore is perfect and it shoots very well. I cut it down to a handy 16.5" carbine, added fully adjustable sights, a flash hider, a Tourbon recoil pad and a Strike Hard gear stripper clip pouch. Then I decided it needed 10 rds instead of 5. Here is how I made that happen, with a couple links to vids of a function test and a little range action: https://youtu.be/Mc29TgDWfJQ
https://youtu.be/R82Aeyfp43Q

A Huber Concepts trigger is en route at this writing, and I'm considering an XS scout rail with a low power scope. It's a bit heavy (not horrible tho...with 20 rds on it, it's 9lbs) for a true Cooper scout, but it's still pretty sweet.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



DIY extended magazine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire