lundi 25 février 2019

Remington 770 ** UPDATE**

A few weeks ago I posted about a 770 Remington that I had purchased. I'm sure everyone can agree that they aren't the most elegant rifle every made, but they do have some redeeming qualities.

The weather was beautiful yesterday, so I went to one of my favorite shooting places. It's an old military shooting range left over from WWII.

I was shooting an the 800 yard target. I've set up the 770 with a 6x20x50 scope, muzzle brake and bipod. The ammo I was shooting was Federal 180gr soft point. Bench shooting, I fired 20 rounds. Cold shot or hot made no difference. Most every shot found the approx. center of the 2' square target. Out of the 20 rounds, there were 2 near misses due to shooter error. Actually, the accuracy was so good, it became very boring, so I switched the 770 for a different rifle.

Problems.......
The ammo I shot was Federal 300 win mag 180gr "Power Shok". The rounds refused to cooperate and feed from the mag. Loading 1 round at a time through ejection port, they still refused to chamber or extract without a fight. The Federal ammo was extremely accurate....it just didn't cycle worth a **** in the 770.

The previous week, I used "Pvi Partizan 300 win mag 150gr". The Prvi Partizan was also extremely accurate at 800 yards, it chambered, extracted and ejected flawlessly and it's $15/box.

So it seem that my 770 is particular about it's diet. Anyone else have this problem?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Remington 770 ** UPDATE**

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire