But...
Has started developing really bad separation anxiety whenever I leave. Even if I only go outside for a few minutes she starts going nuts in her crate.
Came home from work yesterday to find she had jailbroke her crate and was loose inside my house.
Bitch destroyed every set of blinds I had in the front of the house, did a little chewing on one window stool, and at some point took a nice nap on my couch. Freakin white hair everywhere. 
Took me darn near 3 hours to clean up the mess, replace all the destroyed blinds and get her set up in a new crate. I have really clean windows in the front and new blinds now. Windows and blinds did need a good cleaning but... This was not the way I would have preferred to handle that. 
Angry does not come close to describing my mood last night. Went and got her a new crate first and had her in it and outside while I did all the cleanup and repairs. Seriously considered seeing if she was a good swimmer or not many times.
While cleaning up and checking for other damage I eventually calmed down and noticed a few things. Girl had NO potty accidents anywhere inside the house and did NO damage to anything expensive. The blinds and the crate she destroyed set me back less than $200.00 to replace and in the grand scheme of things - That was nothing compared to what she 'could' have destroyed.
Absolutely nothing was disturbed on the coffee table including the laptop sitting there. The 'dog room' is also used to store frequently used tools that wont fit in the workroom all at the same time and not a single item was disturbed. Dog 'could' have easily done thousands in damage but didn't. Other than the crate she pretty much limited her destruction to the window coverings.
This is the new crate I got her:
Plan to keep a close eye on it and be checking for signs of damage or potential weak areas. Wire crates are a definite NO-GO for this dog. Time will tell if this crate holds up or needs to be reinforced anywhere to prevent future escapes. The dog is NOT going to win this battle and IS going to have to earn my trust before getting free reign of my home when I am not around to directly supervise her. ![]()
The one Doberman that has taken a liking to the new girl was acting weird when I was cleaning up / repairing and had new girl outside. Seemed like she was looking around for her. This is good. Sooner or later they will start playing together and Dobie girl is going to wear her out. Mental and physical stimulation for the new girl is bound to help. Hoping the Dobie girls can help this new girl learn the normal routine here faster than otherwise. Monkey see - Monkey do learning is hopefully going to help me here.
Adopted dog update



Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire