dimanche 3 avril 2016

MaCo VFO tuner - Info Needed

Hello all!

I have a Knight T-50 transmitter that uses crystals to set the transmit frequency. It can ALSO be tuned with a VFO. Now, I HAVE one, but it's not the one that goes to it. I need some info on the one I have, to know if it will work with the T-50, or if I should put more effort into hunting down the correct VFO for it.

The MaCo VFO has a number of wires. Some are self explanatory, and a couple others I am confused over.

If you look at the photos you can see:

110V Power

A thicker black wire (it's shielded coax), which is the signal that would go to the VFO port on the T-50

A thin black wire which is ground

Then I am stumped.

There is a terminal above the ground wire. It goes to the on/off switch and seems to have power when it is in the 3rd position (positions - Off, On, On + energizes the terminal in back?)

I have no idea what the yellow wire does.

What I am really confused over, is that yellow wire in the back. I initially thought it was added by some previous owner for his own reasons...but when I see these for sale on E-bay etc... they ALL have this wire.

I did find a discussion on a "CB" forum, where one poster said it goes into the radio, and the VFO won't work without it, but he offered exactly "Zero" information as to what that wire is, or what it does.

What I do know, I this VFO comes with different frequencies. I have seen 7.25, 11.27 and several others. Mine is stamped 5mhz on the back. I am assuming these were made for a single band, to be used on old fashioned radios...however, I don't want to make an assumption when it comes to my 1950s era T-50, as it is in still perfect working condition (even if a bit on the ugly side)

Does anyone know anything about this particular make of VFO? I really need an owners manual for it, if anyone knows any good sources to find one!

THANKS!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



MaCo VFO tuner - Info Needed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire