dimanche 3 avril 2016

New bench and rifle!

Here is my new reloading bench I built/assembled. It was suppose to be a kit but hardly any of the boards were cut the same length, and none of the holes were pre-drilled for screws so I say I built it. I am ok with the quality finished product, but if I was to do it again I would buy my own lumber (construction grade lumber with lots of warped boards), and find a print.

The press, and powder thrower is also new. I went with green(RCBS) because they had a rebate for 75 if you spent 300. I hope I like the powder thrower, and regret not buying a digital scale/powder thrower. I also needed .243 dies so it worked out.

Also, the rifle sitting on the bench is new. Its a T/C dimension in .243LH, with Burris rings, and topped with a Nikon Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40 BDC side focus. I was really skeptical ordering one in sight unseen with that ugly butt stock design, and after holding it I absolutely love it! It fits me like a glove, and the cheek riser is perfect line of sight for me. Here you go if you want to know more about the dimension series. http://ift.tt/1Y87Svz
I dont think this gun ever became as popular as they anticipated it would be. No need for a modular rifle for most people I guess. I picked mine up for 585.00. I strictly bought this for .243 and with the moa guarantee and tc reputation. The next gun closest to it in my opinion is a Tikka and it would of been a 150.00 more. I started looking for the 300wm barrel and bolt. The amount I would shoot the 300wm wouldnt really be worth buying another rifle to me, but I am having a hard time finding one and email TC.

Once I start reloading for this I will be posting lots of follow ups. From what I have read on other 5R rifled barrel, they are some of the best rifling on the market. I have some 105 bergers I hope this gun will stabilize but I am not counting on it. I also picked up some sierra 100 and 85gr bullets.

Thanks for taking a look!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New bench and rifle!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire