vendredi 12 mai 2017

Red LEDs/filters vs. "moon light" on flashlight or headlamp for night vision?

I'm researching a new headlamp and thought I wanted one with some level of red illumination to help preserve night vision. Then I started reading a lot of scathing and contradicting articles regarding red illumination versus "moon light", sub-lumen (under 1 lumen) settings that are coming on some of the newer LED headlamps and flashlights. Some people think that red illumination is great, others think it is a myth and dim, neutral white light is better. Is there anyone here who has experience and an opinion?

The reason for wanting red illumination is for those early mornings into the deer blind or not disturbing the sleeping family while camping. Maybe a light that can go really dim is as good or better, I'm not really sure.

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Red LEDs/filters vs. "moon light" on flashlight or headlamp for night vision?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire