lundi 8 mai 2017

Romain lettus

I have grown gardens for many years hot and cold ones. I built a raised bed garden and planted some greens that I've never planted before.

My question is: how long will the Romain (red&green) hold up in direct sun after temps start hitting low/mid 80s? Just not sure what to expect. Can this stuff be cooked down like other greens? Looks like to me it would be ok to eat that way.

My spinach hit a huge growth spurt last 10 days and is starting to yellow on the tips from the heat as well as age of the leaf. My collards put back out from stumps(cut off even to the ground with knife). I know the bugs will start playing a role soon so I'm putn up greens this week.

The raised bed experiment has been great. No bug, rabbit or deer issues so far. I planted it first week of April and I've been eating greens off it now for a few weeks. I have squash and zuikiny that will be large enough to pick in two more days. The carrots are doing well alone with the garlic and onions. My peppers and strawberries not so much. The peppers have bushed out well but not mature enough yet to pop peppers. Straw berries must not like the soil.

Any help with the romain would be appreciated.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Romain lettus

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire