lundi 25 septembre 2017

Canning tomatoes without removing the skins

I am canning tomatoes for the first times this year. I'm using a water-bath canner.

It's my understanding that it's advisable to skin the tomatoes before canning because skinning them reduces the bacterial load. Most sources I've consulted do stipulate that tomato skins should be removed prior to canning, and I've been removing them. Bt I would prefer leaving the skins on the fruit.

Does anybody here know of a SAFE process for canning tomatoes without removing the skins? When I use the word "safe," I'm taking about a process that would kill all the bacteria on and in un-skinned tomatoes. For example, I was thinking about perhaps processing them longer in a water-bath canner, or even using a pressure canner instead of a water-bath canner.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Canning tomatoes without removing the skins

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire