vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Power Output Reduction if using Natural Gas

I've been reading and trying to figure out the best method to power my house. Currently I have a Dual Fuel Champion 7000W Generator. (Gas or Propane)

From my research, Gas will provide the advertised 7000W, but the problem with gasoline is 2 fold, shelf life is 12 months at best and in a SHTF scenario it would be one of the first commodities to run out of. I do have access to 100% gas.

If I use Propane I would see a cleaner running generator but no mention of power output loss. I can get a 1000 gallon tank but it would be unsightly and ruin in our back yard (lots of oak trees)

However, looking into Natural Gas (I can mod my generator for it) which I have here at the house, and from numerous threads here and other forums, it would last forever or at least for a long tie during a SHTF scenario. Although I've read if you use Natural Gas it doesn't have the heat BTU's (power generation) comparable to gas or propane. Using NG would see about a 30% hit in power generation.

Have other people found this to be true? If I go with NG what issues would I see with my generator if any??

Before people tell me get Diesel, I will once I save my pennies and can afford a nice MEP803A genset but that will be a few years down the road.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Power Output Reduction if using Natural Gas

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire