samedi 2 juin 2018

What's on your truck in the area of communications?

What radio comms do you have in your vehicle(s)?

Currently, my Pickup truck has an ICOM 706 that I basically use for 2 meters and HF. I also have a 40 channel CB radio as well as a small police/fire, etc scanner.

For antennas, I have a CB Whip, 2 meter Ham Stick, Scanner whip (Looks like a short Hamstick), and a Hustler Super RM shaft with traps for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 80 and have both narrow and wide range sets for each. The shaft on the Hustler breaks in the middle and allows it to fold down while traveling and I'm able to mount that along with the Scanner stick on top of my steel Gem Top Camper. The other antennas are all "lip mounts" that have places on both sides of the hood on my truck. I also carry a 20 meter wire antenna for getting out a little better when conditions are right.

I plan to put one of the sets up on a push up Pole on my shop out back of my house and run my other ICOM 706 on that one, just need to find a pole I can raise and lower easily enough or start running some wire antennas. I've got a painters pole that extends to about 20' that I might put into service. Easy to take down and put up.

What's on your rig??

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What's on your truck in the area of communications?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire