This allowed us to drop our offer 5% as the broker also mentioned the owners didn't want to sell at a loss. The real estate records showed what they originally paid for it. So for $38K (upon the close on Jan 10th) the wife and I will have over 12 Acres! There's 2 wells (one is supposed to be an artesan well), 2 septic systems with just under 2 acres cleared and flat at the very end of a dead end road. There's even a luxury two story deer camp with a covered back porch and an open deck off the bedroom on the second floor.
I can only dream about getting out of bed, sneaking onto the deck with a rifle and legally and ethically harvesting a deer in my garden/orchard.
Forgive me for being vague on the exact location details but a boat, Pickwick Dam and striped bass are in my future dreams.
Even though we are not retiring for another 10 years it doesn't hurt to plan for the future and to start turning those plans into reality. To start there will be a few apple trees planted. The other improvements will naturally be slow but steady as time, money, health and distance allow.
A few of our distant family members have commented on the news saying, "That's a real nice Christmas present for both of you!" If even a quarter of what I hope for comes trues, I won't have any reason to complain.
The retirement property has been bought! (almost)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire