mercredi 13 mars 2019

Cows are cheap

I missed a local livestock auction this weekend.

As I have shared before I have a sweet deal:
A friend of mine has the property, the hay field, tractor, fencing, and bull.

I front the money (he's a farmer, they are either rich or broke) and we buy a cow(s), and he pays me back his half when he can. (He's good at ASAP, so I'm happy to be a revolving line of credit for this and other deals.)

I do almost nothing other than that, or pay half of any vet bills. (None yet) and each cow and calf is half mine.

Long and unnecessary backstory to mention:

At the auction cows and steers were selling for ~ $0.50/lb.
As is our norm my buddy bought one (VERY NICE) Pregnant cow without asking me (preagreed that I was in on any good deal to that limit without checking.) for $510.

We (mainly he) know the auction house, they know I'm good for it within a day if I'm not there.

Unfortunately he didn't call me, we could of bought 20 cows for as cheap as ~$250 per. (Adult cows and steers)

Winters about over, should be some decent grass (don't quote me, I fully admit I know very little)
If he had asked we would of bought them all.

Worth checking in your area, at these prices we could of made money just about any way. Flipping them, selling them to the butcher shops, Craigslist by halves or quarters, or keeping....
(Still building, he has some of his own, but we are almost up to 6 together.) bulls get sold, Heffers get kept.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cows are cheap

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire