Quote:
|
I have been looking for a good database to inventory my preps. Something that will allow me to see the overall picture that sheets in a binder will not.Is there anyone out there using one? |
That is good, its all how you want to go about doing it.
I'm actually studying MS Access right now for one of my courses, however, I don't like the idea of keeping a list of supplies for OPSec reasons (no actual enemy just anyone potentially trying to damage my position).
It makes it easier for people to use data if you create it. Any data you create can be used as a weapon against you.
None the less free options
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-easy...rosoft-access/
If you want it as an emergency data source you might want to buy a tablet or cheap smartphone with a relatively good batterly life. Good smartphones like old blackberries have really good battery life and don't take a lot of energy to charge. They also have emergency 911 calling.
Unless you have a real need to manipulate data or track things to the tee, I wouldn't even worry about it. It is just overkill and people will be able to know what you have very quickly if they gain access to the file. Its more of a liability than a benefit.
(If you are tracking for legal reasons such as a business, or you have a prepping community and need to track resources, loans etc.. it may make more sense to have a database. Personally I pretty much know what prepping stuff I have as everything sort of fills a different role.
Prepper database

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire