mercredi 27 mai 2020

Benjamin Trail XL air rifle in .22?

I've wanted to put a decent air rifle in my collection for a while now, and I may have the blessing of my wife to do so. We have had an EXPLOSION of vermin this year, and she has been witnessing the English Sparrows attacking our birdhouses (going after wrens and bluebirds). My air pistol is not up to the task (shots are too long, or not enough energy); going to the .22LR is too loud and too dangerous for our location (neighbors, livestock nearby).

I've looked at this air rifle for a while:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benja...ifle/2052#4170

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience? It is touted as being quiet (90 dB). Claims are that it is accurate and powerful. A .22 pellet should drop anything I want to go after (sparrows, red squirrels, or anything larger); the .177 pellet out of my air pistol has maimed more red squirrels than killed. This will be what I teach my sons on before we move up to .22LR and bigger. Plus it is not "tacticool"; an AR or HK replica would hit a hard stop with the wife.

Pre-charged pneumatic rifles are neat, but they are expensive ($500ish for the ones I would want) and require other parts-n-pieces (pumps, adapters, etc.). I like the simplicity of the single shot, break barrel...basically endless shooting until you run out of ammo. No follow-up shot, but I'll go to my Marlin or 10/22 if I really need that and watch my background.

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Benjamin Trail XL air rifle in .22?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire