mercredi 27 mai 2020

Using Tri-Chlor instead of Cal-Hypo?

The forums have well-covered the merits and caution regarding Cal-Hypo for bleach production and using said bleach to make water safe to drink.

The shelf life issues, off-gassing, and hazards associated with keeping a large quantity of class-3 oxidizer in my basement have kept me away from Cal-Hypo.

However I've found what is, according to online sources, a viable alternative to cal-hypo called tri-chlor, which has a longer shelf life, and isn't nearly as volatile to keep around.

But before I started stocking up, I wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions. Are there downsides to tri-chlor vs cal-hypo? Compelling reasons to choose the option that is less safe to store?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Using Tri-Chlor instead of Cal-Hypo?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire