mardi 26 mai 2020

Best Book, Chapter & Verse?

I'm sorry that I did not get the details of who gave this sermon that I only heard bits of on Moody radio as I was traveling & distracted with work. (Wish I could make this a poll too.) What I love about this kind of opinion is that I do not know enough about the material to even formulate candidates for an opinion.

I wonder if it is like "Rules for Christian Living?" Although not explicitly part of Scripture, I never even heard of this until Foxnews reported a teacher in the South got in trouble for having children in her class read it (Romans 12:9-end, which is not an explicit section heading in 2 of my 3 Bibles). That is to say, is the best book of the Bible, a widely known or held opinion? Is the best chapter of the Bible also a widely known or held opinion? Because I was only listening to bits of the sermon, I'm not 100% sure what the pastor said was the best verse. He emphasized 'therefore no condemnation' numerous times, which I believe from the NIV is verse 1. Thoughts?

Also, I'm not sure why some verses split sentences. I like to read through to the complete thought. So, I included v2.

Life Through the Spirit
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death

Romans 8:1-2

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Best Book, Chapter & Verse?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire