vendredi 29 mai 2020

HAM Radio

Can anybody here point me towards a good short primer/tutorial on HAM radio?

At one of our sites at work they are installing a repeater, on a tower, to be able to communicate with the handheld radios where they get down into the canyons where they do not have much of a signal (about 10,000 acre area that it about 30 miles from the nearest pavement).

I just want to get a better understanding of what is going on and how it does, or does not relate to HAM(my experience is limited to many years ago using CB with both upper and lower side band).

I do not know what make/model the handheld radios are, but the two units that they are installing in the vehicles are labeled “Any Tone Mobile Radio” Model 5888UV and it says “Dual Band FM Transceiver” cross the top of the front of the radio.

I am curious how this all relates to “HAM Radio” and how UHF vs VHS ties into it. I also am curious how it all relates to commercial vs amateur and licensed vs unlicensed frequencies.

So, bottom line is that I am not looking for anybody to spend a lot of time trying to teach me about the different radios and what does or does not make a good choice, or how to get licensed and start into the world of radio. I am just hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction to find something that will give me the basics of what the terms mean and how they relate to each other. I have seen a couple of YouTube vids on it, but they are either about why radio is a great thing or about which radios are best. While I agree that radio is a good thing to have out there, and I might eventually get into it, I am just looking to understand how everything fits together right now.

Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



HAM Radio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire