jeudi 24 novembre 2016

AR15 pistol

Hi guys, thinking about putting together an AR15 pistol. I want a pistol because I want an AR that will fit in a backpack without being broken apart, it will be a dedicated bug out/get home bag gun and all covert bags seem to be made for an mp5-ak74 size weapon, or require it to be broken down.

What barrel length is best? I know (think I know) the 5.56 loses a lot of velocity coming out of a short barrel, and I've read the ammo is loaded for a longer barrel too, so I'll get a fireball blowing out the end if the barrel is too short.
Also, are they as reliable as a full length AR? I know the gas system will need to be different, which means the orifice will need to be a different size. Do short barrel gas systems cycle the weapon too harshly and will that hurt durability?
I'd like to have a 0-200 yd weapon, would run no iron sights, just an EOtech, is that a realistic goal or is 200 yards asking too much of the shorter barrel? Is there a preferred twist rate that will stabilize the bullet better with the shorter barrel?

I welcome any info you guys can share, and will look at any resources I'm directed to. Thanks, and happy thanksgiving!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



AR15 pistol

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire