jeudi 11 mai 2017

Diesel storage with Co2 flush?

DefaultDiesel storage with Co2 flush?


Hey guys! I had a thought today. When I brew beer, I keep it from oxidizing in the keg by flushing the keg with Co2 to get the oxygen out before pouring beer in. Does anyone think this could work for diesel? I have a small diesel generator I would use to run my solar panel batteries in a SHTF situation if it were particularly cloudy for a few days. I don't need to store much, as a half gallon is way more than enough for a single charge on the batteries.
Bear with me. I thought of flushing half-gallon mason jars with Co2, filling them with diesel treated with fungicide, and then vacuum sealing the lids on.
Theoretically this would greatly lessen oxidation and keep the fuel useable for a long time.
I don't know a lot about fuel storage (like nothing), so I thought I'd get some input on what you guys think. Would this work, or would it not work at all? I'm sure someone on here knows a lot more than I do about this stuff and I'd love to hear about it!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Diesel storage with Co2 flush?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire