dimanche 7 mai 2017

Prepping in a big city apartment - Priorities?

So I am leaving Utah and moving to California at the end of the month, and will probably live within 15 minutes of LAX. The best I can afford is a small-ish 2-bedroom place with a garage (the other bedroom will probably be rented to someone else to help make ends meet), and I am going to have to make some sacrifices in the level of preparedness I will be able to maintain. Obviously I will be taking some of my guns and ammo (gotta leave my poor Beretta CX4 carbine though, it was one of my favorites...) along with my radios and outdoor gear. Other than that, I'll be mostly starting over when I get there and I think I will need a very different strategy than what I had here. Up to this point I have only been limited by what preps I can afford, and I am not sure how to deal with limited space. Here I have 6 weeks+ of food and water, extensive camping/survival gear, medical supplies, *many* guns and rounds of ammo, 4WD vehicles and lots of gas. I trust my neighbors, and most of them are also well prepared. Bugging out if necessary to a stocked and defensible location in northern Utah was also part of my preparedness plan.

It seems like bugging out from the coastal areas of LA would be impossible, regardless of how many vehicles/gas cans/guns I might have. Even if I could get out, I don't have anywhere to go less than 700 miles away. Obviously I will try to make friends in LA, but I doubt I will meet many people that I will trust/rely on like my current neighbors. Given that, how would you prep in my situation? How much water, food, gas? What other supplies? How much ammo before the new laws go into force in 2018? How do I fit all this in a small apartment?

I cant afford a boat. And I realize, the best idea is "dont be in LA". I am pretty sure this is life getting back at me for calling it the People's Republic of Kalifornia for so many years.

TL;DR I am a young single guy, going to be stuck in an LA apartment for at least a couple years. What preps are most important, and how do I store them efficiently?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Prepping in a big city apartment - Priorities?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire