mardi 9 mai 2017

Rugged mountains, emergency coms?

Me and the wife have found a piece of property out in the remote wilderness of Alaska, above the arctic circle. Terrain is mountainous and wooded with the possibility of heavy rain and snowfall.

This property is at at least 80 miles from the nearest town, and probably 20-30 miles from the nearest neighbor.

I'm looking for a coms solution, this would not be used to socialize, it would only be used in an emergency; I'm out on the trap line 10 miles from the cabin, the snogo breaks down, I break my leg, etc. Just a way to let her know I'm alive, that I'm headed home or I need help.

I know that the little hand-helds UHV talkies are pretty much worthless at that distance. What if I installed an antenna above the treeline at the cabin? Would that help the UHV? A ham radio?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Rugged mountains, emergency coms?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire