mercredi 10 mai 2017

Town of 20,000--Considered Urban?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostbiteView Post
I haven't seen info on survival in a medium-sized town.

I see a lot on bugging out or surviving in cities.

What's the plan for a town of 20,000???

I'm not a pro but I'm in that situation ( with some caveats)

My little town a decade ago consisted of cornrows, a few old churches and old brick homes and a few schools... an "old side" of town that had some neat old stores. 10,000 people maybe. (surrounded by other little towns and miles of cows and corn.
Nice place to bring up a kid. (about 50 miles outside of a major city, most conservative county in the state.

We blew to at least 25K in the last decade. It's still a great town, but we have like 200+ acres of shopping now, lots of new construction... the county is growing alot too.

My plans are as when I moved here. BOL, stuff at home to last awhile, I still know alot of my neighbors and people in toown... but my plan is GTFO. The BOL isn't so far from the masses anymore.

I'm here for 3 years till the kid finishes school. but it dosen't have the same closeness it once had.

Honestly I treat it as a city that for now works, but its still a city. this happened in the blink of an eye.
When you think you went far enough.... go farther.

a) know your neighbors and cliques of people kinda. Church, The Lions Club, The Masonic Lodge, or AA

do this without people knowing tooo much about you, because people still talk

b)apply all normal plans. and have a plan to GTFO, this isn't 200 people you know well, or even a 5000 person community where everyone kinda knows eversone and there is a sense of community.

Its 10,000 people.

Its going to be 30-50K people soon.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Town of 20,000--Considered Urban?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire