constantly appearing on the results list. That's why I joined this forum.
Several decades ago I started a business that builds product models for other businesses.
These days it's called B2B. Our shop has always helped high school and college students
with their projects.
I agreed to help with a project that seemed like a two or three hour job. I can't find the right
container, so this quickie project has dragged on for weeks. I'm about give these students
some money, because I made a promise I can't keep.
I need unmarked round translucent containers. The only critical dimension is the bottom
diameter. It must be 8-1/2 to 10 inches. My first thought was to purchase 5-gallon natural
color (translucent) buckets because the bottom diameter is 10 inches. Our shop can accurately
cut any round container to the required height.
I did not know that small children have actually drowned, falling head first into large buckets.
Because of these fatalities, the container industry adds a permanent warning label to all 5-gallon
buckets. You can't buy blank 5-gallon buckets in the USA.
I searched the web for other types of large translucent containers that might be unmarked. For
example, restaurant suppliers sell heavy duty round containers manufactured by Cambro, Winco,
Rubbermaid, etc. All of these containers have graduated ounce or milliliter markings. The web
images for Rubbermaid containers appear unmarked. In fact, they have raised markings and a
logo. If there are unmarked food storage containers, I can't find them.
Small food containers (yogart, margarine) have printed labels that can be removed with a common
solvent like Acetone. The ink on large containers is bonded at a molecular level. Powerful solvents
like Methyl Ethyl Ketone or Xylene will damage the plastic, but the ink is permanent.
If they exist, I really need help finding round unmarked translucent containers. They must be
translucent, because this student project is about the diffusion of light. LEDs will be installed
inside the containers.
Thanks guys.
Unmarked (Blank) Round Plastic Containers
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire