samedi 26 août 2017

canning asian pears?

I'm going to be going over to a buddies house and picking up some of their "extra" asian pears tomorrow.

Last year I got (4) 5 gal buckets worth.
(Gave most of them away, dehydrated what I kept and didn't eat fresh.)

This year I want to can some, but they are very grainy in texture.
(Makes me worry about quality.)
I figure if I blanch and peel them, and do a simple syrup rather than water (like I would if they were Bartlets like my baby trees) that might do it. (Might play with making honey pears. Might wait till next time.)
Internet has very mixed opinions.

Same with Internet opinions on jucing....

Soliciting opinions and first hand experence.... I'd really like some canned pears to go with my peaches. (Not a big fan of pear sauce... I'll probably give them away first.)

Let's block ads! (Why?)



canning asian pears?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire