vendredi 25 août 2017

latest VA screw up.

Meant to share the latest VA screw up earlier in the week.

I've been getting PT 2x a week through the "Vets DON'T have a choice program" (only thing that could make the VA look good.) for the last ~8 months. (Took about 5 months to get approved and another 4 of fighting to actually get it.)While the hope is that eventually I won't need it right now it basically makes the difference between a miserable existence/waiting to die and being able to live SOME small token of a meaningful life.

Well PT cut me off. The VA has ridiculously limited me to first 6, and now (through my bribing and suckling up to my nurses and doctor) 12 visits at a time (the 3 week thing basically went 3 weeks of care and 4-6 Weeks waiting for the next approval.... you can see how this makes real progress difficult.)

...I've still got appointments approved by the VA....
But they owe the PT company over $8,000... and they aren't paying. Keep telling them "nope, this paperwork isnt right, but we wont tell you how to fix it. (While they are paying on identical paperwork with other patients.)
Can't blame someone for not continuing to work without payment.

This not being my first rodeo I went to the VA, got shunted from pillar to post, tried to be put off etc.

Long story short they "ran out of money"
Tried to say it wasn't their fault
I needed to talk to Triwest ("Vets choice" program.... who just happen to work in the VA building...)
Nothing they could do
It might be straightened out in a few weeks
I can start back PT in a month or 2
... but when (having considerable experence with the process at this point) I got a couple people's names and positions on record and gave them 3 days, after which time I call my congressman.

I got quite a few comments about how uptight, on edge, unreasonable, and other unflattering terms.... (I was always polite, but firm.)

Was saposto get called back the next day. (The pillar to post taking all business day.)
I was told it would be "first thing in the morning"
Told her if I didn't hear from her I'd call her after 12.
Called at 12:03
Called 6x (leaving 2 messages) between then and 4PM when they decided to answer.
This is just how the VA does things.

Long story short, they got the message I wasn't going to go away, and the easiest way to get me to go away was to give me what I want.
...also to the point they believed me when I said at 12:01 Friday I was starting a congressional investigation.

"Magically" everything is resolved and my PT resumes on Tuesday.
If your a Vet: this is what it takes. Don't let up, be what I call "rudely polite" (speak pleasantly, say "Mam or Sir" etc, but INSIST...)
They have to know the easiest way to get you to leave them alone is to give you what you want.
They ALWAYS take 2 days.... at the shortest.... to do something that would take 5 min in the civilian sector.
You'll get what you need between 3 and 5 of the second day.

If you just want to know how bad the VA is, this is SSDD.

If you believe in Socialized medicine.... you were warned.
I'm pleased at how smoothly it went this time.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



latest VA screw up.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire