dimanche 27 août 2017

rock room temperature question

So:

8 years on the future I'll build my ICF "Forever house" into the side of the mtn.

Meanwhile I REALLY want to build basically a "walk out basement" by itself for cooler storage.
I estimate it would cost me about $10k. It doesn't make sense to spend it on that vs the house, and also I might have to move the building site and it might be in the way.

But I've been collecting favors.... a considerable amount.

At no cost I could use a small dozer, tractor with a front end loader, and (most importantly) some labor when my buddy doesn't need his "farm labor" (whos covered for 40 hours/week no matter how much work.)
-I could do support work, but not lifting the rocks.

I've got a slope full of up to watermellon sized "building material"
The dozer could level it, and all I'd need to buy would be concrete/morter. (I could lift some of the smaller ones, but not much due to my injuries.)

I'm envisioning stone building large enough for 4 pallets.

What I don't know is whether (with partially dug in walls).... however much the dozer would do, but figure less than half the temp would stay constant enough to make it worth doing.

Bigger/more in the ground... sure.
But I don't know about this.

Anyone have any experence?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



rock room temperature question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire