lundi 28 août 2017

New (to me, anyway) Savage Model 1917 .32 ACP

I had been looking for a Model 1907 for a few months now after checking out one that a buddy owns.
It disassembles without the use of any tools whatsoever --- even the grips snap into place.
It's a fun shooter & works really well with the superior European ammo like Sellior & Bellot, PPU Partizan, etc.

Well, after doing some research on the model timeline & handling an example of the last ones built in 1920 as the Model 1917, I just had to have one.
The grips are a bit thicker (which now necessitates the use of one screw) & so it fits my big mitt much better.

It's got what looks like a spur hammer, which is actually a cocker/decocker, as they are all blowback pistols.
Some came in .380, but the .32 models were the desirable ones.

It's a bit on the long side (6 or so inches) for CCW (although I occasionally wear my 1911 in an IWB holster) & that safety has to be in spot-on, A-1 grade condition to be carried cocked & locked, since de-cocking it allows the firing pin to rest on the primer of any cartridge you may have in the chamber.
So it's cocker pulled back like a hammer, 10 in the magazine & one in the chamber, with the safety on.
It may sound REALLY hairy to us nowadays, but this is the way these extremely popular pistols were carried in their heyday & I've never read or heard about a rash of accidental castrations due to this practice.

Anyway, it's supposed to be rolling into my local FFL's some time today --- I'll keep y'all posted.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New (to me, anyway) Savage Model 1917 .32 ACP

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire