lundi 15 janvier 2018

**Ladies' Section** - It's nice to see so many kindred spirits in one place!

I wasn't sure where to post my intro... here or on the main floor (which is where it went).

I am beyond delighted to see so many kindred spirits in one place, especially here in a ladies' section! I have enjoyed reading many of your posts, which prompted me to finally come out of lurkdom.

In the meat world, I am very, very low-keyed about anything "survivalist" oriented. Most think of me as a little old lady grubbin' in the woods for roots and herbs, and some ask me what is good for this, or that ailment.

I love teaching young people primitive living skills. Years ago, I taught my young grandson how to fling an atlatl, and he nailed it after the third try. (Check out the Youtubes to see how easy it is!) I just got hooked on seeing a kid's pumped-up feelings of accomplishment and enjoy teaching other kids primitive skills well.

I spend a good deal of time absorbing and learning as much as I can to be self-reliant no matter what the circumstances. The more I carry in my head, the less I need.

Physical preps are fine for bumps in the beltway of life: unemployment, illness, economic upheavals, local disasters, and for a limited time, longer-term disasters. Relying mostly on physical preps for long-term security is not in my plans. Preps can be lost in an instant or used up within a period of time. What happens if I can't replace my stash of (xyz), and I have become lulled into a false sense of security by short-term solutions? What happens if my notes on certain critical skills are destroyed, and my knowledge is rusty because I didn't use the skills often enough? In this light, genuine self-reliance is not a matter of preps, but a way of life.

Last but not least, I bolster my spiritual mind and heart on a daily basis, because staying spiritually healthy has carried me through severe times better than any other skill or physical prep has ever carried me.

.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



**Ladies' Section** - It's nice to see so many kindred spirits in one place!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire