mercredi 19 décembre 2018

Help with CANDLE choice for light.......Please

I have a bunch of different candles but I find regular candle sticks (tapers or cylindrical) to be the most efficient. Sitting nice and plumb, there is almost no waste in the wax. The flame tends to burn taller than fatter candles so they give off more light. Not so good for carrying around, maybe and a little more of a fire hazard unless you have some nice tall jars to put them in. A drawback is that you really need to have some decent candle holders for them. Yard sales and flea markets are a good way to go there.

Believe it or not, the candle I have the most of is the little boxes of emergency candles. They are shorter but have a pretty good girth. I get them at Dollar tree for a dollar a box. Sometimes 5, sometime 6 to a box.

What I don't like are the big old fat candles that were popular in the 70s and 80s. They can end up drowning in themselves and often burn with a little nub of flame that doesn't give much light. The flame is too small to burn all that wax. The only good thing about them is you can use the leftover wax to make some new candles if you have, or can rig up, a double boiler and some candle wick. I keep a roll of that on hand.

The one that bunkerbuster shows is also a great candle. I have a couple and should probably get more. They are fatter than my standbys but not so fat they drown out. Being heavier they burn longer than tapers but with a similar flame and are very efficient. Also, they are sturdier than tapers so less prone to breakage during storage than tapers. I think I just convinced myself to get more of them.

My least favorite, though lots of people like them (and I have some) are tea lights. They're pretty safe because of their shallowness (hard to tip over) and they come in a little aluminum cup. They'll burn every little bit of wax in there. But again, don't put off much light.

Of course you could just do like I do and stock a variety. You'll be sure to have something that does the trick. Barter the ones that don't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Help with CANDLE choice for light.......Please

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire