mercredi 19 décembre 2018

"Normals"

Posted in the dark side about my recent breakup. (PT has got me better to the point I went on my first date in over a year... Fun but crazy.)

Going back some years most of the women I spent any degree of time with Have been "preparedness inclined" girl I almost married a few years ago is welcome here (and knows it) she has skills and carries.

This one was "more so than most"
We met in a thrift store and started talking permacukture, gardening, canning, and beekeeping... But WOW... No.

It was amazing. Bills past due, renting (granted a rented house on acres) garden and home canned pickles and produce in the freezer true, but a nearly empty pantry (I filled it.) Car note, ran out of propane while I was there. (My tank is big enough I only fill it 1x\year, but I know it's over 70% right now.), Eats out too much... Just the... Hand to mouth nature is SUCH a contradition with not just how I live, but the non-preppers who live out here in my rural community.

(Last few years with my mobility issues my social circle has shrunk, but the people I surround myself with are aware and trend to be more self reliant.

I know some of us live like that, so I thought I'd share this.... Very different way of living i'm reminded of. (And like I said, rural house, propane tank, garden etc... Not like the girl I used to know who lives in a NYC apartment or that extreme we are aware of.)

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Normals"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire