dimanche 17 mai 2020

Do you think I had it in Janurary?

Multiple tour buses traveled through southern Utah and the southwest every day full of Chinese tourists. The buses would stop at the local grocery stores and all the local tourist traps/outlet malls, and visit all the local attractions and national parks. Tourism numbers show an average of 250,000 Chinese tourists visit the U.S. every month, or at least they did until the travel ban was initiated January 31st. If the virus was in China last fall it was most likely traveling around the southwest as early as December, if not November.

I was sick in January. Many others at work were sick with the same crud in December, January, and early February and we all had similar symptoms. There were no tests. I wasn't near death, and I have no health insurance, so I didn't go to a hospital. Two of the other 7 people in the house ended up with a cough and sore throat within a week of my first symptoms but no one else was down and out like me. I was in bed for 6 days before I had enough energy to do anything more than refill my water or feed the fish.

I believe I had the covid-19/wuhan-flu but many arrogant people I know say I did not have it because I was not in the hospital and I did not test positive. There were no tests in January.

I am just curious on your opinions, do you think I had the crud? On the lists below I had the symptoms shown in bold type.

According to the CDC.......
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fever
Chills
Muscle pain
Sore throat
New loss of taste or smell (I don't recall but I could only eat soup and all I tasted was the salt)

According to the MAYO Clinic......
Signs and symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may appear two to 14 days after exposure. This time after exposure and before having symptoms is called the incubation period. Common signs and symptoms can include:

Fever
Cough
Tiredness

Other symptoms can include:

Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle aches
Chills
Sore throat
Loss of taste or smell (maybe, see above)
Headache
Chest pain

According to WebMD.......
Common Symptoms
Researchers in China found that the most common symptoms among people who were hospitalized with COVID-19 include:

Fever: 99%
Fatigue:70%
A dry cough: 59%
Loss of appetite: 40% (I could eat a cup of soup twice a day)
Body aches: 35%
Shortness of breath: 31%
Mucus or phlegm: 27% (OMG, the snot and phlegm were industrial strength, I would flush my sinuses ever hour and the globs that came out were the size of golf balls, and trying to cough the gunk out of my throat was like trying to get hot bubble gum off of your shoe)

Symptoms usually begin 2 to 14 days after you come into contact with the virus.

Other symptoms may include:

Sore throat
Headache
Chills, sometimes with shaking
Loss of smell or taste
Stuffy nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Do you think I had it in Janurary?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire