mardi 19 mai 2020

Home Biogas Toilet

Default Home Biogas Toilet


I have been thinking about Ordering the Bio Gas Toilet.
The advantages would be free cooking gas, reducing time and energy of gathering twigs and sticks for cooking fires and propane use on rainy or cold days.
Could use greywater to flush, 1.2 liters per. They say 99.9% of pathogens are killed during the process, the effluent can be diluted with water and used to fertilize trees or flowers.
Plus it is more like a real toilet. With this system I would not have to install a high dollar septic system and dig a water well. The digester holds 343 gallons of effluent and 185 gallons of methane.
I don't enjoy my composting toilet. I don't like the smell inside my shack. Family and friends don't want to use it and it's 20 miles to a flush toilet. I know people will start telling me they don't smell, but it does. Yes I have read the humanure handbook and followed the instructions. I want a real toilet.
Some disadvantages are maybe one person not keeping it full enough to produce enough gas and keeping it warm enough in winter. Maybe a fish tank heater or something like a green house would help keep it warm. Also if I got a couple of pigs then I might have more than enough manure, to make enough gas.
I forgot that it comes with a cookstove and tubing for the gas. I could get this delivered for $1300.
Does anyone have any experience with a methane digester or a system of this type? Am I crazy for thinking about this? I like the idea of not installing a septic or digging a well, and not buying propane for cooking. Also just going to a liquid fertilizer and compost instead of just humanure compost.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Home Biogas Toilet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire