vendredi 15 mai 2020

Idea's wanted for a truck flatbed conversion.

I have a small pickup that is my gas getting truck and I had to put a flatbed on it. I was rear ended by a kid not paying attention while driving. Could not find a bed anywhere so I built one. I used 4x6 crossbeams with stainless steel lag bolts attached to the frame. Then attached pressure treated deck boards to the 4x6 boards. To prevent sagging under load I ran a treated 2x4 across the middle.

I installed 6 anchor points 2 in the front 2 in the middle and 2 at the rear.

I found a set of the grote tail lights - the style you see on dump trucks and f650 or larger trucks. Those only set me back about $20 for the pair and they are bright! For the turn signals I wanted them separate so I just used regular square trailer lights.

Kept the factory bumper for now. I have pulled trailers with it and weekly load my zero turn straight onto the bed and transport it around.

Before the bed was started I cleaned all that I could really well. A little inspection for rust and such is way easier also. Go ahead and replace your shocks.

Looking back it was the best thing I ever did with my small truck. I can haul so much more and it’s so much easier too. I get better gas mileage now also. Getting between 22-24 mpg (depends on how I drive and what I have on the bed)

I have used it to haul all kinds of things now and I love it!! It’s wood so the boards are easily replaceable if needed and I can attach things pretty quick and easy if I want. I can add storage, an air compressor, gas tank, or anything so easily now!!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Idea's wanted for a truck flatbed conversion.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire