lundi 18 mai 2020

Moving Forward, Gardens, LTSF, Plans in General

I hope this thread catches on. No matter where you stand on Corona (please put that in the appropriate thread) I think many of us believe we are in a place where things could continus to go downhill. Since my crystal ball is a bit cloudy, I am looking at numerous news articles and history and thinking I better get back on the plan. I am also hoping this is something that many of us can agree on. I still believe there are many smart, out of the box thinkers on this board and want to capitalize on that.

I will start by sharig a bit. I have tried to live a self sufficient lifestyle. Not the easiest path to pick and there have been moments of discord, to say the least, in this household due to that choice. It is better overall now. Due to a very demanding amount of work in the last year or so, some things have fallen by the wayside. Amazing how fast things can slide backwards. Areas of land cleared go back to weeds and berry bushes quickly. The extra jars can become empty.

Time to get back. For me, I tend to procrastinate, not because I don't want to do the task but, because often the task cannot be done in the time alloted in the way it should be done. Recognizing that was important, I now can say better half done than none done. Start something, as that can be the hardest part. Today I cleared an area. Did not dig roots but may have to mow this season and I can do that now. At least keep it down.

Regardless of which way things go, the garden needs to be bigger and done. Late spring for many of us. How are you working with that? I may give in and rent a tiller, a big one, get it done.

What foods are you planting? New, old and tried and true? I go more to the tried and true at this point. I am going to more raised beds. My first plantings will be the important foods for us.

Got to get back on having backup animal feeds. Hay is first and foremost and we usually are good on that. Chickens need food stuff so looking to try some amaranth this season. Any experiences with it?

Need a really comprehensive animal ailment care book. I have lots of books but they seem to all lack the level of comprehension I would like. What do you use?

Please share what plans and schemes you have for this next season.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Moving Forward, Gardens, LTSF, Plans in General

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire