samedi 2 mai 2020

Rose Petal Jelly

I have 2 or 3 recipes I fiddle with every year. This is the one I used this year for small batch canning. I got 2 half-pint jars plus a little extra to eat fresh. I use a fragrant vintage rose (Europeana) on which NO CHEMICALS are used. Don't want to poison myself I got this recipe from a magazine years ago, but can't remember which one.

2 cups rose water **
1/2 package powdered fruit pectin
1 Tb lemon juice
2 3/4 c white granulated sugar

Prepare 3 - half-pint jars, rings, and lids for canning.

Whisk pectin (until dissolved) into rose water and lemon juice in a large saucepan.

Bring to a boil. Add sugar and return to boil, stirring occasionally. Using a candy thermometer, bring mixture to 220 degrees Fahrenheit for a soft set, 225 degrees for a firmer set. After 1 minute boiling at temperature, remove saucepan from heat and pour jelly mixture through a fine sieve into the prepared jars. Leave 1/4" headroom.

Wipe lip of each jar, apply prepared lids and rings. Boil in water bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.

**Rose water: gently simmer 3 cups petals in 2 cups water for 15 minutes. Strain out petals and debris. Store rose water, covered, in fridge for up to 3 days.

Note: the temperatures I use are for sea level. Canning book will usually tell how to adjust temps for higher elevations. But, if you can at a higher elevation, you probably already know that.

Lots of recipes out there. The fun is trying them out !!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Rose Petal Jelly

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire