dimanche 17 mai 2020

Vienna sausage taste change?

A few days ago I had the urge to eat some Vienna sausage. So I grabbed a can from the preps, opened the can, then began to feast. Right off the bat I noticed the taste was different than I remember. This was a fresh can bought only a few months ago.

I keep my stockpile of Vienna sausage rotated by using them as trotline and noodle bait. During the winter we have a fish called a Bowfin that seems to love Vienna sausage. So I grab a few cans and over the course of several days use them to bait noodles. The bowfin are caught for sport and safely released.

Years ago I use to eat Vienna sausage on a regular basis as they were a mainstay on just about every hiking, and especially camping trips. I have no idea how many evenings my buddies and I ate ramen noodles and Vienna sausage on a camping trip as the sun settled down over the treeline.

The brand name I have been buying is is Armour.

Has anyone else noticed a taste change in Vienna sausage? I buy the low sodium, so maybe that is responsible for the taste difference? 20 years ago I would buy the regular Vienna sausage instead of the low sodium.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Vienna sausage taste change?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire