lundi 16 mai 2016

CB antenna grounded, High SWR

So I am testing my CB antenna on my Blazer. Learned a bit from my Icom Base Station antenna. Started with the grounding. Turns out, my CB antenna is grounded, tested via contiuity between antenna mount and various metal parts with in the vehicle. I swapped antennas from my wilson 5000 to a firestick to make sure the wilson wasn't bad. I also switched out the stud because those go bad over time, and I have had that one for a while. My current readings on SWR is

Wilson 5K Firestick
Ch 1: 4.9 2.6
Ch 20: 5.9 4.0
Ch 40: 7.2 6.3

Now, the wilson has height adjustment, and the firestick does not, so that was also a fail safe test. I have used the Wilson on another vehicle as well.

It is grounded via one bolt through the mount(mounted through the tire carrier onto a steel flat bar in the vehicle.)

Any suggestions? I always believe in additional sources of communication, because a radio works well cell phones don't.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



CB antenna grounded, High SWR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire