dimanche 15 mai 2016

Plans to deal with psychology stress after a disaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstforcerecon View Post

Make sure the people in your group are mentally strong. Preferably ones that have seen combat. This is not an area your gonna want to have to bother with.

I agree. People who need to be "taken care of mentally" during a crisis are worse than worthless. Pull up your pants, put your boots on and take care of business ... cry to yourself about how hard life is when you hit the sack, if you must, but if you are part of a group that group is only as strong as it's weakest link.

My dad worked in a profession that had moments when it could be quite dangerous. I went to work with him when I wasn't in school my entire childhood ... he had an employee get seriously injured when I was present. I was in the 3rd grade. Had it not been for the fact that he was trained medically that employee would have died.

I asked him after we got the guy to the hospital why he wasn't scared and he said to me "Hell girly I was scared ****less! But freaking out NEVER fixes anything, only makes things worse than they already are. Might as well learn now nobody cares if you are scared ... or sad ... or mad ... what they care about is that you can get up every morning, put your boots on and get whatever nasty-***ed **** that needs to be done, done. And feeling sorry for yourself later for all the nasty-***ed **** you have to do doesn't help either. Just cuts into your fun time. Don't waste your time being a sissy."

He's probably rolling over in his grave at what this world has become. Nothing gets done anymore and everybody is a sissy ...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Plans to deal with psychology stress after a disaster

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire