What if (on the very off-chance) I get an uptight grizzly (or black) charging me and I have to do my best to take it down?
The law (in AK) says:
"Bears killed in defense of life or property belong to the state. If you kill a bear you must remove the hide from the carcass and must also salvage the skull. You must give both the hide, with claws attached, and the skull to ADF&G."
I don't really have a problem with this.
My issues would be that:
a) I have zero experience skinning, cleaning or otherwise salvaging large game. (I'll have the knives but not the experience.) I'm afraid it'd be a real "slash job."
b) I'll be off-grid and won't have the facilities to "keep" the carcass, skin, head, etc. in any condition for storage or travel (float plan pick up in 1-6 days).
c) Getting down to the gritty and cleaning, I'd assume could attract more bears and therefore incur more jeopardy on my good self.
I was going to "ask an alaskan state trooper" on another site, but it's a paid subscription.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for any direction.
Alaska specific - grizz attack
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire