mardi 1 août 2017

Canned food exposed to heat

Hey,

I have been storing some canned food in my van and I am curious if the summer heat will make food dangerous? You know temps in there are warm enough to cook food.

I found one issue so far with my ration experiment, my chocolate melts.

The fish cans also taste like the fish is cooked a little. The fat in a the chicken/pork luncheon meat goes from pastey jelly to oil, and the smooth meat surface gains noticeable tiny air holes.

I'm wondering if canned food exposed to heat can be made unsafe even if the can integrity is sound.

I can understand chemical processes may shorten shelf life, but I equate what is happening to the food on and off to be heating and cooling, without actually opening the can.

It seems some items make more sense for vehicle transport --- I don't understand how M&Ms in ration packs can survive heavy heat environments.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Canned food exposed to heat

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire