mercredi 20 septembre 2017

List of home canned meals

Something in another thread made me think of doing this, both to share my list and to see what you do I might like to add.

Meats vs meals.
I'm not exactly sure where cooked and seasoned taco meat falls,
Or raw or hot packed chunks of turkey vs turkey soup
My canned pork chops could be eaten alone, but go better over rice.
As does my canned roast beef. (Think of it like beef stew without the veggies)
Canned brisket and pulled pork on a bun or over some nachos
Gumbo needs rice added
Spaghetti sauce needs noodles naturally
taco soup will be canned in larger quantity this winter. (Last winter was a first)
Does Bacon count? (if you eat enough its a meal.)
My ranch or bar b q beans are more a side
And the straight beans are an ingredient in red beans and rice or my Cuban black beans (cannot can either safely)
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but without getting up to look that's most of it. (I'm obviously not talking fruit, veggies, canned French fries, etc, but "main meals")

So, please share things you like I might want to add this winter.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



List of home canned meals

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire