samedi 16 septembre 2017

My latest prepping project complete.. Power!

Just finished up my latest project.. Installed a 8Kw solar array. Took us pretty much all summer working on my own (wife helped) to finish it all up.

I anticipate that a Nuclear EMP will destroy the entire thing so I have backup panels in my basement in a Faraday cage, an Outback Radian 8048 inverter, and a FlexMax80 charge controller.. Probably wasted my $5,000 on the off grid stuff but if North Korea hits us with an EMP, I'll be glad I have it.

The array is large enough to power our entire home and will generate about 5% more power than we actually use. It's been online for 3 weeks and its working great!

I also just found myself a Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook with only 20 hours total usage time and an i5 processor.. Paid only $220 for it shipped to my door. Wiped the entire hard drive with DOD Short using DBan and reloaded my own operating system and software. Drained battery to 75% charge and put it in a 4 layer Faraday cage along with the ICOM746 ham radio.

I'm now working on developing a wood gasifier. Just picked up a 20 gallon stainless steel barrel for a filter housing, still looking for a 55 gallon stainless barrel for the combustion chamber. Going to design it to not only provide power for a generator, but to be able to compress the gas into some 250 gallon propane tanks for cooking. A lot of these wood gasifier systems don't work too long with the carbon steel drums they're made of. They never seem to show you that part in all the youtube videos. So, I figure if I'm going to spend two weeks making one, I'd like it to last forever and not just a few hundred hours of operation.

Picture of solar system:

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My latest prepping project complete.. Power!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire