dimanche 15 octobre 2017

Unhappy with nikwax

You can't use Nikwax on nubuck leather without smoothing the finish, so you are limited to a spray-on water repellant agent.

I used this on a pair of Meindl boots and smoothed the leather. They do stay waterproofed for at least a month of constant use. Not sure why you aren't getting the mileage out of the Nikwax product.

My other pair of Meindl Island GTX gets the spray on stuff to keep the nubuck finish. That pair doesn't see the hard use that the first pair sees.

My Meindl Ortler boots get the Nikwax paste too and it holds up extremely well.

You could always try Johnson Paste Wax on smooth leather. I have read good things about it. There is also a spray waterproofer from Grainger that I've used. It works well on nubuck too, but may darken the leather.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Unhappy with nikwax

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire