samedi 23 décembre 2017

Poor mans wilderness survival

I thought I would start a tread talking about ways/ things / items that everyone has gotten/ used /packed in their backpacks to get around paying for the expensive name brand stuff that does work.

I'll start it off :

In stead of buying all this expensive wool base layers from all these name brand companies. I looked on E-bay and found some 100% merino wool bottoms an off name brand for $40. Then I got to thinking about tops I normally wear med or large and instead of paying a fortune for a name brand I begin to look on E-bay for used 100% EXTRA FINE merino wool, and found several shirts and sweaters from size med ( to use as my base layer) then large as my insulating layer, Then an extra large as an extra layer. All are either turtle necks or 1/4 zip accept for the extra layer I wanted a full zip. Plus I found a nice XL turtle neck to use as sleeping gear. I paid with shipping included $8 - $15 max for each all are in like new condition several look like they was warn maybe once. and it WORKS GREAT!!! All colors are black, brown or grey

I tried to look for legging on E-bay but the $40 was the best I could find (at that time) So I got to thinking, ok I got my base layer for the legs lets look for an insulating layer and ended up going sportsmans guide in the clearance section under military surplus and found a GREAT deal. 3 pairs of 100% wool (itchy wool) east GERMAN military uniform bottoms in a large. I wear 32x 34 and they are a bit big in the waist (around 34 waist) but they are adjustable and they are the length is perfect. and they are in new condition. and got them for $15 total they had a special free shipping so I paid $5 per pair.

And then I got 3 new pairs of Norwegian surplus heavy wool socks from sportsmans guide for $17 total price

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Poor mans wilderness survival

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire